Monday, June 13, 2011




ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL

As I drove to school this morning, I saw a strange performance. Naturally,I watched the road in front of me, but suddenly a big roadrunner dashed across the road, followed by a coyote. I slammed on the brakes and pulled off to the side of the road. Then, I saw a little rabbit. It hid behind an ocotillo. When the rabbit quickly jumped and ran, the coyote turned away from the roadrunner and began to chase the rabbit. The roadrunner went into the cactus. The coyote chased the poor little rabbit; the rabbit ran as fast as his legs could go and his tail bobbed up and down. Then I saw a hawk. It circled overhead. The bird swooped down, grabbed the rabbit, and flew away. The rabbit dangled out of his mouth. The coyote lay down on the rocks, She thought about how she lost her breakfast because they knew their mother always brought it to them.


Exercise 2:
Go back to reading. Bookmark with bold each verb and count how many there are. There are 24 simple past tense verbs in the reading.


Exercise 3:
In the following narrative, fill the blank spaces with simple past tense verbs that make sense of the meaning. the first three have been done for you.


Yesterday , I left my house early in the morning. I drove my beautiful new car to Maria's house.She's my best friend. I picked her up.On the way to school, we ate at MacDonald's because we were hungry for breakfast. We ate sandwiches and bring them while we drank our coffee. We were almost late for English class, but we had in just on time.The instuctor told us to open our notebooks. He told us to write everything we about our friends - Maria,Mariposa, Tavo, and Alberto. Finally the teacher rang a little bell and we left the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment